How to add Instagram to Mahara
Instagram is also a very popular way to capture images. Be careful however, as Instagram and certain other social media are not allowed to be used at schools. This does not mean you cannot use it for your own purposes, but you do need to be careful about what you put there.
To embed Instagram, you will need to use a service called Snapwidget.
- Click on "Get your free Widget" and then follow the instructions on this page. You need to enter your username.
- You can also sort by hashtag.
- You can edit the layout to set how many thumbnails across and how many down. When selecting the number of thumbnails, consider how big they are as well.
- Once you are ready, click on "Get Widget" at the bottom of the page.
- You will see this window:
- When you copy the code, do not copy this line: <!-- Snapwidget -->
- Go to Mahara and open the page where you want to embed your Instagram feed.
- Edit the page and the select the External >> external media block. Place it on your page.
- Once this block opens, simply paste your Snapwidget code into the box.
- Make it retractable and then Save.